Tajawal

Thursday 24 March 2016

Brussels Blast 'Felt Like End Of The World'

Fanny Klein was waiting to check her luggage in when the explosions ripped through the terminal, leaving more than a dozen people dead.
The 20-year-old from the island of Reunion told the Belgian newspaper HLN: "I didn't even have time to look around me because I had just then arrived at the check-in.
"There was no time to say a word and then all of a sudden … it was an enormous noise … the end of the world in a second.
"And I found myself on the floor. There was blood everywhere. Everything was grey."

Ms Klein managed to make her way outside and quickly realised she was burned.
"I caught sight of myself in a mirror and I was half burned - I didn't look too much.
"It burned, it just burned. I didn't really feel my leg - it was the burns that hurt most."
She added: "I did what I had to do, like everybody … wait for help. I knew that help would be coming. The people around me were so nice."
In total, the attacks at Zaventem airport and Maalbeek metro station in the Belgian capital have killed at least 31 people and injured another 300.
Six Britons were among those hurt, four of whom have been released from hospital.
Worried relatives say they are still "desperately" searching for David Dixon - a man originally from Hartlepool.
Mr Dixon had been at the airport, but texted his aunt after the blasts to say he was safe.
However, his family fear he may have been caught up in the subsequent explosion on the metro.
Another missing person has been named as 29-year-old Jennifer, who was at the airport with her 30-year-old husband Lars to go on a New York holiday.
Jennifer's uncle told German newspaper Bild: "We know that Lars is seriously injured and lying in a coma. Unfortunately we know nothing about the fate of my niece."
:: In the UK, anyone affected or concerned about others caught up in the attacks can call +442070080000.
:: The Belgian Crisis Centre has also set up a helpline for people calling from outside Belgium: +3278151771. Those in Belgium are asked to call 1771.

No comments:

कोल्हुई कस्बे में पेट्रोल पम्प के पास तेज रफ्तार से जा रही कार विद्युत पोल व ट्रक से टकराकर पलट गई कार में सवार तीन लोगों की मौके पर मौत हो गई, जबकि दो अन्य व्यक्ति गम्भीर रूप से घायल हो गए हैं।

कोल्हुई कस्बे में पेट्रोल पम्प के पास तेज रफ्तार से जा रही कार विद्युत पोल व ट्रक से टकराकर पलट गई कार में सवार तीन लोगों की मौके पर...